Seattle City Light has published its proposed strategic plan for the next five years.
Among the key initiatives:
- Strengthen and fix customer services and support;
- New program to help customers meet their environmental and sustainability goals;
- Compete for state and federal grants, including funding from the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act;
- Implement plans to support further electrification of buildings and transportation;
- Help to create a coordinated western energy market, better integrating sustainability electricity sources such as SCL’s hydro power;
- Strengthen fiscal management to control costs, in order to keep rate increases under control;
- Once again introduce a “time of day” power rate (previous attempts at this have not been successful, but the emergence of electric vehicles may change the calculus of such a program);
- Develop “dashboards” for each line of business within SCL;
- Relicense the Skagit River Hydroelectric Project — which is not without controversy.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!