When is a “dashboard” not a “dashboard”? Apparently when it’s a “transparency portal.”
Mayor Harrell has launched such a thing to elucidate how the city is spending nearly $300 million of COVID relief funding from the federal government.
The spending is broken up into five broad categories:
- housing and homelessness;
- community well-being and reopening services;
- supporting city workers and services;
- community and small business recovery;
- community safety and mental health.
For each category, there is a ‘tree map” visualization with specific investments displayed by dollar amount; clicking on one will give some high-level (i.e. not very helpful) details on the item.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!